While hunting and shooting at night, people need to have the best night vision scope attachment. It makes the whole experience easier and more satisfying because it makes the targets more visible and accessible no matter the light conditions.
More precisely, the attachment is placed before or in the rear of the standard night vision scope of a weapon. That way, users aren’t required to switch between the standard scope and the night vision one every time they go hunting in the dark. Instead, they can utilize them both. Aside from making the process simpler and quicker, the scope attachment keeps the zero intact. Moreover, the scope shouldn’t be zeroed at all before usage.
Because of this, nowadays, there are many models of attachments on the market to choose from. Multiple brands compete for the users’ attention with various features. However, the key is to know which ones matter the most in order to be able to make the right decision. To assist you with this, in the following paragraphs, we’ll go over reviews of the top attachments and a complete buying guide. So, let’s start!
3 Best Night Vision Scope Attachment’s
Depending on the price and the features that they get for it, shooters go for different models. Mainly, their choice is based on their personal preferences and priorities. Therefore, we present details about the products with their pros and cons to give you a clear picture of what is offered on the market.
Armasight CO-LR-ID Gen 2+ Night Vision Scope Attachment
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Wireless remote control
- Magnification: 3-12 times
- Battery life: 60 hours
- Resolution of images: 45-64 lp/mm
This model is a part of the advanced second generation. For starters, it provides a simple transition from the daytime scope to the nighttime. As is usual for all models, it can be placed in front of the scope. As a clip-on model, people can also lock it so that it doesn’t move while shooting.
When it comes to the images, the resolution tends to be high. Thanks to the intensifier tube that’s a part of Generation 2+ the images appear sharp and clear. What’s more, they remain like that at longer distances of around 300 yards.
Those that want to use this Armasight scope attachment in changing weather conditions can do so since it’s able to resist water, fog, and even shock. Not to mention that it’s made of aluminum, which makes it strong and durable. Despite this, though, users complain about a few details. One of them is that there are problems related to quality control. Apparently, some of them had trouble with the focus due to debris on the ocular while others received damaged attachments.
PRG Defense Comanche 22 Generation 3+ Night Vision Clip-On Scope Attachment
- Field of view: 12 degrees
- Magnification: 1 time
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 3.3 x 3.1 inches
- Focus range: from 10 meters onward
- Battery life: 60 hours
This is a strong model that’s long-lasting. Because it’s fog proof, waterproof, and shockproof, hunters can take it with them everywhere they go. Among the top features that they find useful at night is the intensifier tube, which is responsible for the sharp and bright views. This increases the precision when the light is low.
Aside from this, there are many more details that enhance the overall performance of the attachment like LED indicators, a remote control that operates wirelessly, a system for cutting off bright light, long-range infrared illuminator, and others. Also, it can be quickly released after it’s mounted, which comes in handy when people spot something and want to get a hold of it at once.
However, you should consider that there are some reported cons. One of the common ones is that this model tends to be too heavy for some as it weighs 1.65 pounds.
PRG Defense Comanche 40 NW Generation 2
- Image resolution: 55-72 lp/mm
- Magnification: 1 time
- Diameter of exit pupil: 40 millimeters
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 4.1 x 3.5 inches
Understandably, there is no need for re-zeroing the scope every time this attachment is mounted. This is because it’s placed in front of the scope. Also, the Comanche 40 is known to be a versatile model since it can be mounted on many scopes meant for daytime usage that have a magnification of maximum 12 times. Not to mention that thanks to the quick-mount option it can be quickly put on the rifle.
What’s interesting about it is that it incorporates a special filter known as ‘white phosphor’ that enables users to see images in black and white. And they have a nice resolution considering the dark conditions. For improving the precision and accuracy of the shooters, the attachment has LED indicators, grain control that’s operated manually as well as a long-range illuminator that can be detached easily.
However, according to many users, this product tends to be heavier than the rest. This can cause difficulties if you want to carry it with you, especially on long trips that require a lot of movement.
How to Choose – Buying Guide
Actually, there are many factors to take into consideration before purchasing an attachment. Some of the key ones are:
- Clarity of the image – The whole point of getting an attachment is to enhance the accuracy of the scope. So, it’s important to see whether the attachment provides clear views. To determine this, you should analyze how many lines there are in a millimeter. The higher number indicates a better image.
- Field of view – Because you’re utilizing them during the night, the field should be broader to catch more details. The usual field of view that scopes have is 100 yards.
- Weight and size – Since this is attached before the scope, it increases the overall weight of the rifle. Therefore, people usually look for lightweight attachments that are more compact. However, there may be some compromises to be made on account of the size like the performance and the quality of the image.
- Generation – Each scope attachment belongs to a different generation. And all generations have specific advancements and features to look out for. Therefore, the higher the generation, the more chances there are of getting a more enhanced model.
What are your thoughts about the night vision scope attachment? Have you decided which one to buy? Share your opinions and experiences with us.
Note: GearOdds.com is a reader-supported website. When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Check disclaimer.