When it comes to binoculars for astronomical purposes, what matters is the quality visuals. That is precisely the field where Celestron excels with its models. Moreover, they are bigger in size and, normally, heavier. Plus, they don’t have to be used just for astronomy. Users can easily operate with them while hunting, attending a stadium event, observing wildlife, and such.
One such model that stands out from the rest is the Celestron SkyMaster 25×100 binocular. The reason why we picked this model is simple. Besides the stellar visual capabilities, its design is easily adjustable and manageable.
So, let’s take a closer peek at this Celestron product as we discuss its specs, benefits, drawbacks, and such.
Celestron SkyMaster 25x100 Binocular Review
The model sports a BaK-4 glass as well as optics with multi-coatings. These and the porro prism enable light to easily be transmitted and brighten the images. The objective lenses are some of the largest the company has to offer. It doesn’t matter if it’s dawn or twilight, the observation can still be effective. As mentioned before, enthusiasts can use it for astronomy or terrestrial purposes, too.
Moreover, the fold-down eyecups are made of rubber. They can accommodate even glasses wearers. Also, they prevent any unwanted light from disturbing the eyes. The design is quite durable in many situations. That stems from the rugged structure and the water-resistant capabilities. That way the binoculars will fall less from the user’s hands.
In order to have long and comfortable viewing sessions, there is a possibility to mount the binos on a tripod.
- Magnification: 25x
- Field of view: 156 feet at 1000 yards
- Prism: BaK-4 porro
- Weight: 8.75 pounds
- Close focus: 80 feet
- Lens diameter: 100 millimeters
- Warranty: Celestron Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Diopter range: ± 5
- Dimensions: 15.27 x 10 x 5.1 inches
- Coating: multi-coated
- Eye relief: 15 millimeters
- Bright and focused images
- No-slip grip
- Folding eyecups
- No center focus knob
- Heavier for terrestrial use
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1) Can I see a space object with this model?
Answer: You can see Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons, and other space objects. It’s best to mount the binoculars on a tripod or even a monopod. That’s because you’ll need stability if you want to see such specific objects.
2) Should I buy a tripod adapter?
Answer: The short answer is no. The model has a built-in adapter. So, you don’t have to worry about that.
3) Can I use the binoculars for birdwatching?
Answer: As they aren’t the lightest model available for that, you may need to use a tripod for that. Propping them on the car roof is also satisfactory. Otherwise, you can use them for that.
It’s time for us to ask the questions. What do you make of this Celestron model? Would you buy it or if you already have done so, are you satisfied with it? We’d love to hear your take on it!
Looking for more binoculars guide! please check these:
Binoculars Guides Based in Factors:
Binoculars are considered as important as any other essential gear for outdoor adventures such as hunting, bird watching and general exploration. With so many options available in the market today, it makes the task of choosing the perfect pair a bit overwhelming. Let us take a look at some factors that will help you select binoculars for your next outing:
- Best Rated Binoculars for Whale Watching
- Best Rated American Made Binoculars
- Best Rated Marine Binoculars, High Quality Marine Binoculars under $500
- High Quality Marine Binoculars with Image Stabilization
- High Quality Binoculars under $50
- High Quality Binoculars under $100
- High Quality Binoculars under $200
- High Quality Binoculars under $300
- High Quality Binoculars under $400
- High Quality Binoculars under $500
- High Quality Binoculars under $1000
- High Quality Travel Binoculars under $100
- High Quality Hiking Binoculars under $100
- High Quality Hunting Binoculars, $150 Hunting Binoculars, $1000 Hunting Binoculars
- High Quality Compact Binoculars under $100
- High Quality Vortex Diamondback Binoculars
- Best Quality American Made Compact Binoculars
- Best Rated Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Size Binoculars for Bird Watching, Reviews & Guide
- Best Small Binoculars For Birding, Reviews & Guide
- Best Rated Bird Watching Binoculars Under £100
- Best Rated Birding Binoculars Under $500
- Best Rated Bird Watching Binoculars under $200
- Best Rated Lightweight Binoculars For Bird Watching
- Best Rated Night Vision Binoculars for Wildlife
- Best Rated Binoculars For Astronomy
- Best Rated Night Vision Binoculars For Star gazing
- Top Quality Binoculars with Digital Camera
- How to Choose High Quality Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Best Rated Night Vision Binoculars in the World
- Best Quality Inexpensive Night Vision Binoculars
- A Widespread Binocular Guides, Reviews and Tips & Tricks
Note: GearOdds.com is a reader-supported website. When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Check disclaimer.