Used for a variety of outdoor activities, binoculars have proven themselves to be very useful in these instances. Some of them include hunting, birdwatching, nature observing, going to the theater or attending a sports event, and such. And one of the popular brands for binoculars is Nikon.
Since its establishment in 1900, Nikon has strived for quality optics that deliver. The company moved to the States in the 1950s and turned into a country symbol.
The topic of today’s post is their product – Nikon 8245 ACULON A211 8×42. In the following sentences, we’ll review the model in detail. Moreover, we’ll speak about the pluses and its minuses and answer some frequently asked questions, too.
Complete Review Of Nikon 8245 ACULON A211 8×42 Binocular
Starting with the performance, this Nikon bino has multicoated lenses. Further, they’re aspherical and are made of eco glass. Thanks to that, the images it lets through are bright and detailed.
The model is made to be increasingly light and ergonomic. That’s why it can be used in different settings and even while traveling. The rubberized armoring helps in that direction, too. This armoring makes it long-lasting and safe from slipping due to the tight grip.
Users can also easily adjust this model. The focusing is done with a knob, which is placed in the center of the body. The model has rubber eyecups, which work by turning and sliding. They’re made to satisfy even glass wearers. Viewers have increased comfort and can observe through these binoculars for longer periods.
It’s worth mentioning that it’s one of the most famous binoculars that Nikon offers at the moment. Plus, it’s one of the cheaper ones. The model circles around the $100 mark.
- Magnification: 8x
- Eye relief: 12 millimeters
- Weight: 26.6 ounces
- Lens diameter: 42 millimeters
- Field of view: 420 feet at 1000 yards
- Glass: BaK-4
- Porro prism
- Warranty: 1 year
- Can be mounted on a tripod
- Low price
- The field of view is exceptionally large
- Durable armored structure
- Aspherical and eco-glass optics
- It isn’t waterproof nor fog proof
- No rangefinder
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1) What type of prism is the model equipped with?
Answer: It has a porro prism. In fact, bino experts can easily get that due to the more traditional design of the whole body. Even though the roof prism is also in the spotlight, the porro one has a great number of advantages. They include reflection resistance, deeper and more detailed images, light transmission, and more.
2) Does it come with a soft case?
Answer: Yes, it does. The case has softer sides as well as a solid bottom.
3) Is it waterproof and fog proof?
Answer: Sadly, it isn’t. Also, it isn’t nitrogen-purged. But don’t let that discourage you. Many buyers find it super useful in different weather conditions and reported no problems.
Up to You…
So, what do you think of this Nikon model? Does it have what it takes for you to take it on your next outdoor adventure? We’d love to hear from you!
For more helpful binoculars guide please check below:
- Top Quality Binoculars for Whale Watching
- High Quality American Made Binoculars
- Best Quality Marine Binoculars, Marine Binoculars less than $500
- Best Image Stabilized Binoculars for Boating
- 7 Best Binoculars less than $50
- Top Binoculars under $100
- Top Rated Binoculars under $200
- Best Rated Binoculars under $400
- Best Rated Binoculars under $500
- Best Binoculars For Hunting, less than $1000
- Travel Binoculars under $100
- Hiking Binoculars under $100
- $150 Hunting Binoculars, $1000 Hunting Binoculars
- Top Quality Compact Binoculars under $100
- Vortex Diamondback Binoculars, Reviews & Guide
- Top Quality American Made Compact Binoculars
- High Quality Binoculars for Bird Watching
- High Quality Binoculars for Bird Watching
- Top Best Small Binoculars For Birding
- High Quality Bird Watching Binoculars Under £100
- High Quality Birding Binoculars Under $500
- High Quality Bird Watching Binoculars under $200
- High Quality Lightweight Binoculars For Bird Watching
- High Quality Night Vision Binoculars for Wildlife
- High Quality Binoculars For Astronomy
- High Quality Night Vision Binoculars For Stargazing
- High Quality Binoculars with Digital Camera, Reviews & Guide
- How to Choose the High Quality Binoculars for Bird Watching
- High Quality Night Vision Binoculars in the World
- High Quality Inexpensive Night Vision Binoculars
- A Widespread Binocular Guides, Reviews and Tips & Tricks